DMNmedia, the marketing solutions group for The Dallas Morning News, has immediate opportunities for Account Executive in our classified department selling advertising, which includes print, digital and mobile platforms. The ideal candidate(s) will be responsible for helping grow their clients’ business through customized solutions that utilize a combination of DMNmedia and third-party products. It will involve selling and managing an established account base with a focus on driving new business and up-selling current customers to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop new leads by cold calling and obtaining face-to-face appointments
- Generate revenue and meet sales targets for both print and digital
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with client base
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate and advertising professionals
- Develop presentations designed to sell solutions to corporations and agencies
- Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments and follow-up
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of outside sales experience
- Effective negotiation skills; ability to work through objections and concerns regarding budget, costs and selling strategies
- Demonstrate ability to grow market share within a designated territory by acquiring new business and increasing share within existing client base
- Proficient in face-to-face sales, up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling
- Strong analytical skills; ability to research problems and provide strategic solutions
Qualified candidates should email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position indicated in the subject line.